Leola's first Parent Teacher Association was organized on September 21, 1923 and the first meeting was held on October 8, 1923. The purpose of the organization was for the benefit of better cooperation between parents and teachers are to bring all into closer contact with school matters. Throughout the years the Leola PTA has gone inactive and then revived again. The organization remained an active PTA chapter until September 1, 2003 when the membership voted to change to the Leola PTO. The Leola PTA/PTO has made donations to many worthy causes for the benefit of our youth in the school and community. Leola PTO sponsors the biennial fall carnival, annual awards banquet, book fair, birthday books, teacher appreciation week, scholarships for three LHS seniors, book exchange, candy canes for the elementary students after their Christmas program, window painting for homecoming, "Back to School Caring Tree," downtown community board and PTO bulletin board at the school.